Pain can be a debilitating condition that affects a person’s ability to complete activities of daily living, perform essential job functions, and reduces their overall quality of life. For clinicians treating those with acute or chronic pain conditions, the ability to objectively assess how pain affects their level of function is critical in establishing medical necessity for initial and ongoing care. Northstar’s Pain Management System provides the tools to objectively evaluate and document the effects of pain on functional abilities, determine functional outcomes, and show objective, quantifiable progress throughout care.
Objective Pain Measurement
- Comes standard with Northstar’s powerful Physical/Neurological software module: Provides a variety of physical and neurological tests, a survey for Activities of Daily Living and a large list of standard questionnaires for a detailed assessment of a patient’s functional deficits and pain thresholds.
- The pain scale lets users select a location on the body and enter current levels of pain in addition to At Best, Average, and At Worst pain levels
- Shows force curves in real-time for reliability of effort and/or neurological test results
- Built-in pacer line helps guide users to apply pressure at a constant rate – determined in critical peer-reviewed Algometry testing protocols
Included in this System:
- Automatically calculates AMA Validity for Spine range of motion, automatic comparisons to AMA norms and other normative values
- Automatically charts progress from previous evaluations
- The mannequin in the pain module allows users to target specific regions of the patient’s body where they are feeling pain along with the type of pain they are experiencing
- Quick and easy comprehensive test reports can be produced in just seconds
- Allows for individualized report templates to suit individual preferences and styles
- History graphs provide a clear depiction of increase in physical strength over time to justify efficacy of treatment